Sunday, June 1, 2008

Discrimination

Actually, before studying "Discrimination" unit, although I have a nice African neighbor, I don't really like African people a lot because some of them are usually too noisy and impolite, especially in the time when everyone try to take a nap in metro or bus after tiring working day. Meanwhile, they talk to each other too loud. It is annoying.
After studying this unit, I realize that I had discrimination about them. Thanks to the interesting video, I can imagine how terrible it will be if I 'm discriminated. Also, one thing Adrianne told us that one of the reason African people express like that because they were discriminated in the past, so they are their reactions to prove themselves and get attention of others in public places. I think if I were in this case, maybe I would be like that. Try to remind myself that I have to put my feet into shoes of other people before evaluating them!:D

3 comments:

Choyi said...

Hey Truc,
A brilliant example! ;)
This topic also reminds me to avoid discrimination about anybody.
Well done and take care!

mehrnaz said...

Truc but i lobe african people i sutied with them adn work with them. they are exactly liek us white people. u can see in white people the differences behavior whrn they are educated, htey behaive better but when they are not they behave chip. afriicans are exacntly the same

Alaa M said...

Hi Truc...
me too I really enjoyed this unit.