Sunday, June 1, 2008

My experiences of research paper and presentation


Topic of my research paper is : " The role of culture in psychology." Actually, at the beginning, I thought that it was not really hard to find enough useful information thanks to huge book collection of Concordia university. After that, I realized that it was easy to find a lot information which related to my topic, but choosing it was very hard. Each information could lead me to many other various directions. In this case, I learn how to find similar information and fix them together.
In addition, when writing the first page which based on my information, Adrianne helped me to realize that language of my writing still sounded like language of a book. Therefore, after that, I tried to read and understand one paragraph of my information completely and wrote my own paragraph according to my memory and understanding about it without seeing my information. In this way, I felt comfortable and free when writing, and realized that my writing sounded like my language.
About my presentation, Sherry helped me to realize that I should use more visible examples to explain to listener and try to get them involved in my presentation. In this way, people can easily to understand and follow my presentation because my topic was theoretical topic.
Finally , one thing which I think all of us always agree is that being relaxed and being confident is the best way to make a good and interesting presentation. And only practice, practice and practice can help us be relaxed and confident.
Any way, all we finished, made a good research paper and presentation, and learned a lot worthy experiences. Congratulate us!:)

1 comment:

mehrnaz said...

truc don`t forget taht paraphrasing is that u write a sentences about what u realized not copied. but unfortuantely i wasn`t for ur presentation and i`m sorry about it but i think u did good jub and every body said it.